ShoreSmiles Orthodontics “New Normal” Protocols
48 hours before the next appointment… please visit the following link: Health History Questionnaire for COVID-19. Submit the questionnaire at least 24 hours prior to your Appointment.
* If the answer to any of the questions is yes, we ask that you call or email to reschedule your appointment.
* If we do not have the Questionnaire filled out before the appointment, we will not see the patient until we have it in our system.
When you get to the parking lot… give us a call from the car to let us know you have arrived. We will review the answers to the Health History Questionnaire and if we are ready, will ask the patient to come upstairs.
* If we are not ready, we will confirm the phone number and we will call as soon as we have less than 3 patients in the clinic, and we have a clean and disinfected chair available.
* We ask that only patients enter the office when at all possible. For minors, please only have one guardian accompanying if necessary.
* Per state mandate, we ask that everyone who comes to the office wears a mask and honors the 6ft distancing markings.
* Our waiting room is practicing Social Distancing… we have removed all magazines, drinks, and toys. We have also limited the number of chairs.
Upstairs… please use hand sanitizer as you walk in. The assistant will greet the patient at the waiting room, will take the temperature and hand out a toothbrush and mouth rinse of 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide.
* For everyone’s safety, the patient will be the only one allowed in the clinic area.
When the appointment is finished… Dr Toro will fill out a report of what was done and explain the next steps. If there are any questions, Dr Toro and/or the assistants will address them by phone.
* We will call the guardian to make the next appointment. If we cannot get in contact at that moment, an appointment will be given to the patient. Please call us if you need to reschedule.
Any payments, questions, and concerns… please give us a call. We will take care of it via Phone.
**PLEASE LET US KNOW IF ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY GETS SICK WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE APPOINTMENT*
Reduced Scheduling… we are reducing the number of patients seen per day by half to comply with social distancing measures, but we are adding one day per week to our schedule.
Special appointments… Removing Braces and/or Invisalign attachments is the procedure that creates the most aerosols in an orthodontic office. To protect our staff and our patients, we will be limiting these appointments to One Per Day.
Extra personal protective equipment… will be worn by our team. We ask that everyone who is coming to the office wears a mask and honors the 6ft distancing markings.
Clean Air… 3 Surgically Clean Air Purifiers were purchased. These have multi-stage air purifying technologies that work together to clean, purify, and re-energize the indoor air.